What does it mean to be a member?
We believe all believers are members of God's family. Through the work of Christ we are reconciled to God and to each other. We also believe it is important to commit to a local church body. Church membership represents our commitment to collectively live out the mission of Jesus to make disciples. We believe this is most fully experienced for us in what we call Groups. Together, we pursue knowing Jesus, building community, and engaging the brokenness in us and around us as we live all of life in light of the gospel. Becoming a member means that you are committing to join us in that pursuit. It also means that you agree with our Vision and Values, Doctrinal Statement, and Membership Covenant, which you can see below.
Gather. Go. Give. Grow
The things we do as the body of Christ:
- Gather: Commit to gathering together regularly with the Church body through Sunday Gatherings and Groups.
- Grow: Have a plan for your ongoing growth, and meet regularly with a few others to encourage and equip you in growing up into Christ.
- Give: Support Centerpoint financially and serve the body with your time, talents, and treasure.
- Go: Be a disciple who makes disciples and helps others follow Jesus.
The things we believe as the body of Christ:
How do I become a member?
- Plan to attend our next Membership 101, where we will discuss our vision, values and doctrine more in depth and give you a chance to ask any questions you may have.
- Complete the Membership Affirmation Form and one of our Pastors will meet with you regarding your next steps.