Sermon Questions: Jonah 2:1-10
Week 3: Jonah 2:1-10
1. In times of distress, what are some things you often turn to instead of praying? What must we believe about God’s character in order to turn to Him in the midst of sin and rebellion?
2. How does Jonah’s prayer resemble some of the Psalms? (Psalm 3; 139; 118)
3. How does Jonah view God while he is in the belly of the fish? How does he view himself?
4. What caused Jonah to remember the Lord? How does Jonah respond to the Lord’s salvation?
5. In what ways has prayer helped you find hope in the midst of a hopeless situation?
6. What words would you share with someone who is a.) hopeless? b.) disobeying God? c.) believing they are beyond God’s redemptive reach?