Sermon Questions: Jonah 1:1-3
Week 1: Jonah 1:1-3
1. Do you read this story as a fable or as truth? Do you believe God actually has the power to command the storm, the sea, a fish, a plant, a worm, a city?
2. What is something you feel clear that God has called you to? How do you hear and know the Word of the Lord?
3. Jonah headed for Tarshish in his disobedience. Where do you run from God in your disobedience?
4. What is Jonah’s motivation for running? Why do you run? (fear, distrust, control, self-preservation, etc)
5. When you deviate from God's calling, do you sense any separation from God? What does that feel like?
6. How does the Gospel protect us from our disobedience and how does it restore us in the times we do run from God?