Purpose: To apply the Great Commission (Mt. 28:18-20) by going to love and serve the people of Costa Rica in order to help the local body of Christ raise up disciples. To move forward in our (Citadel Square Church) vision of discipling our people towards an All People’s mindset.
Why Costa Rica?
- Solid, established partnership with local pastors.
- Established local church with shared vision & values.
- It’s a place of true brokenness with great physical and spiritual needs.
- Completely cross-cultural yet logistically favorable (cost, distance, accessibility etc.)
- Opportunities for our whole church to participate.
- Serving the church at Los Guido through prayer walking, teaching English, kids events, etc.
- Serving the Los Guido community (kids and families) through a medical clinic.
- Serving the vision, staff and mission of El Lugar Church through facility upkeep and maintenance.
- Training & Encouraging local pastors.
Team 1: Generation Link Staff and College Students
Team 2: SMI – Health Providers and Health Professional Students
Team 3: Citadel Square Serve Team
Team 4: Pastoral Training and Encouragement Team
Team 1-2: May 7-19 $1900 Approx.
Team 3-4: May 11-19 $1600 Approx.
Application Deadline: Feb. 3, 2019
Commitment Deadline: Feb. 12, 2019
In what city are we staying in Costa Rica?
We will be staying in the capital city of San Jose.
What community are we serving?
We will be serving in Los Guido, a poor community of about 30,000 people with great spiritual and physical needs.
What will we be doing?
Our ministry focus will vary according to teams but will include: prayer walking, making friends in the community, teaching English, inviting people to the medical clinic, playing with the kids, connecting people to the local church, and doing facility upkeep and maintenance projects at El Lugar church.
Where will the medical team host the medical clinic?
A local elementary school in Los Guido will be hosting the medical clinic.
Where will we stay?
We will stay in a hotel in San Jose that is located about 20 minutes from Los Guido and about 15 minutes from El Lugar Church. The arrangement is 4 people to a room.
Do I need a passport and/or visa?
All participants must have a valid US passport. A visa is not required.
Can I raise support to help with cost?
Yes, you can raise financial support to help with the cost. Training and instruction will be provided to help you.
Do I have to pay a deposit to hold my spot?
Yes, a $100 non-refundable deposit will be required before the commitment deadline. This will allow us to proceed with our reservations and planning. (A deposit is not required to apply, but only when you commit to participating.)
What if I can’t speak Spanish?
Learn quickly! Just kidding. The team in Costa Rica will provide translators to help us throughout the trip.
Will we have any free time to explore or do an excursion?
While the main purpose of the trip is to serve, love and minister to the people of Costa Rica, we will also have one day set aside for a ‘to be determined’ adventure to facilitate team building. This will be included in cost of trip.