Parent Resources (Sunday)
Past Units: Gospel Project for Kids Archive
Current Unit: Into The World
God’s plan to save people from sin came into sharper focus as Jesus was born at last. When Jesus grew up, He began His mission to bring people back to God. From the beginning, Jesus proved that He is the Son of God and that all that was written about Him by the prophets was true.
Big Picture Question
- Is Jesus God or a human? Jesus is both fully God and fully human.
- “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” - John 1:1
- In The (Put hands together by your side)
- Beginning (Separate hands to have both with palms up by your sides)
- Was the Word (Put hands together like a book)
- And the Word (Move hands forward)
- Was with God (Put hands together above head)
- And the Word was God (Separate hands toward “praise” formation)
Bible Story Videos
- March 1 - From Adam to Jesus (Mt. 1; Luke 3; John 1) - Jesus had a family.
- March 8 - John Was Born (Luke 1): John was born to get people ready for Jesus.
- March 15 - Jesus Was Born (Luke 2): Jesus was born to rescue people from sin.
- March 22 - Jesus Was Dedicated (Luke 2): Simeon and Anna worshiped Jesus.
- March 29 - Jesus as a Child (Mt. 2; Luke 2): Jesus came to earth to do His Father’s plan.
Parent Resources (Books & Music)
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp*
- Gospel-Powered Parenting by William P. Farley
- The Disciple-Making Parent by Chap Bettis
- The Big Picture Story Bible by David Helm | Best for 0-5 Years Old
- The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones | Best for 2-7 Years Old*
- CSB One Big Story Bible for Kids | Full text for children who can read from the creators of the Gospel Project
- God Made All of Me by Justin and Lindsey Holcomb | Helpful to guide kids through understanding their body and what is appropriate
- God's Very Good Idea by Trillia Newbell | Helpful to teach kids how God loves all peoples
- My ABC Bible Verses by Susan Hunt | Great for memorizing scripture with kids
- One Big Story Coloring Book by The Gospel Project | Fun activities and coloring pages
- Abide Cards | Questions to ask when reading the Bible with your kids
- New City Catechism App | 52 questions and answers, with songs. Also available in print (minus the songs!)
- Slugs and Bugs | Songs about Jesus, scripture memory, and silly songs too
- Getty Kids Hymnal | New and old hymns for kids
*These resources are available for free on Sunday mornings at the Kids Check-In Desk!