Parent Resources (Sunday)
Past Units: Gospel Project for Kids Archive
Current Unit: The Southern Kingdom of Judah
God called Jeremiah to tell the people about a new covenant in which sin can be forgiven once and for all. Judah continued in sin and was removed from the land. God was right to punish His people for their sin, but He kept His promise to provide a king through David’s family. Ultimately, God punished our sin through His Son, Jesus, and made Him our King forever.
Big Picture Question
- How did God plan to fix what sin broke? Before He created the world, God planned to send the Messiah to save sinners.
- "If my people turn from their evil ways, then I will forgive their sins and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14
- If my people (put arms out in front of waist facing up)
- Turn from their evil ways (act like you’re pushing something away to the left with both hands)
- Then I will forgive their sins (bring arms back around and cross at your chest)
- And heal their land (spread arms out toward waist with palms down)
Bible Story Videos
- Isaiah, Prophet to Judah: The prophet Isaiah told about the Messiah.
- Hezekiah and Josiah: Hezekiah and Josiah led the people back to God.
- Jeremiah, Prophet to Judah: Jeremiah told God’s people about a new and better covenant.
- Habakkuk the Prophet: Habakkuk learned to have faith and trust in God.
- Judah Taken Captive: Judah ignored God’s prophets and was captured.
- Ezekiel Gave Hope: God planned to bring His people home and give them new life.
Parent Resources (Books & Music)
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp*
- Gospel-Powered Parenting by William P. Farley
- The Disciple-Making Parent by Chap Bettis
- The Big Picture Story Bible by David Helm | Best for 0-5 Years Old
- The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones | Best for 2-7 Years Old*
- CSB One Big Story Bible for Kids | Full text for children who can read from the creators of the Gospel Project
- God Made All of Me by Justin and Lindsey Holcomb | Helpful to guide kids through understanding their body and what is appropriate
- God's Very Good Idea by Trillia Newbell | Helpful to teach kids how God loves all peoples
- My ABC Bible Verses by Susan Hunt | Great for memorizing scripture with kids
- One Big Story Coloring Book by The Gospel Project | Fun activities and coloring pages
- Abide Cards | Questions to ask when reading the Bible with your kids
- New City Catechism App | 52 questions and answers, with songs. Also available in print (minus the songs!)
- Slugs and Bugs | Songs about Jesus, scripture memory, and silly songs too
- Getty Kids Hymnal | New and old hymns for kids
*These resources are available for free on Sunday mornings at the Kids Check-In Desk!