Kids Lesson: God Keeps His Promises (Isaiah 9)
God Keeps His Promises (Isaiah 9)
God keeps His promises. God promised to send a Rescuer, so He sent His Son, Jesus, into the world as a baby. Jesus saves sinners. He died on the cross and rose from the dead to rescue us.
Big Picture Question
Does God keep His promises? Yes, God always keeps His promises because He is faithful.
God is not a man, that he might lie, or a son of man, that he might change his mind. Does he speak and not act, or promise and not fulfill?- Numbers 23:19
- God (put right hand in the air)
- is not a man (make X with both arms)
- that he might lie (cover mouth with both hands)
- or a son of man (make “safe” motion with both hands)
- that he might change his (point to each temple)
- mind (make shrug motion with both palms out)
- does he speak and not act (put one hand toward mouth and move palm outward)
- or promise and not fulfill? (put other hand toward mouth and move palm outward)
Key Passage Song
Bible Story Video
Bible Story Summary
- The prophet Isaiah shared a message about God’s promise to send a Rescuer.
- Isaiah said God would keep His promise by sending a child, and the child would be a king.
- Isaiah said the king would be named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
- Jesus would be a good, fair, and loving King who reigns forever.
More in News & Resources
May 23, 2022Kids Lesson: Eli's Sons Disobeyed God (1 Samuel 4-6)
May 18, 2022Kids Lesson: God Takes Sin Seriously - Ephesians 2
May 12, 2022Kids Lesson: God Provided For Hannah (1 Samuel 1-3)