Kids Lesson: God Provided Manna (Exodus 16-17)
God Provided Manna (Exodus 16-17)
God provided water and manna for His people’s physical hunger. Later, He provided His Son, Jesus, for our spiritual hunger. Jesus said, “I am the bread of life” (John 6:35). The Israelites needed bread to live for a little while, but whoever has Jesus will live forever
Big Picture Question
Does God keep His promises? Yes, God always keeps His promises because He is faithful.
God is not a man, that he might lie, or a son of man, that he might change his mind. Does he speak and not act, or promise and not fulfill?- Numbers 23:19
- God (put right hand in the air)
- is not a man (make X with both arms)
- that he might lie (cover mouth with both hands)
- or a son of man (make “safe” motion with both hands)
- that he might change his (point to each temple)
- mind (make shrug motion with both palms out)
- does he speak and not act (put one hand toward mouth and move palm outward)
- or promise and not fulfill? (put other hand toward mouth and move palm outward)
Key Passage Song
Bible Story Video
Bible Story Summary
- God’s people complained in the wilderness.
- God sent quail into the camp for His people to eat.
- Then God gave His people bread called manna to eat.
- God told Moses to hit a rock with his staff and water came from the rock for the people to drink.
- God was with His people.
More in News & Resources
January 24, 2022Kids Lesson: God Deserves Our Worship (Leviticus 1-4)
January 19, 2022Kids Lesson: The People Built the Tabernacle (Exodus 35-40)
January 10, 2022Kids Lesson: The People Worshiped a Golden Calf (Exodus 32-34)