Jesus Healed Ten Men
Jesus Healed Ten Men - Luke 17
Ten men cried out to Jesus, and he healed them. One man had faith and was saved. When we trust in Jesus, he heals us from something greater than a disease; He saves us from our sins. We can thank God and worship him for making us new.
“Yet he himself bore our sicknesses... punishment for our peace was on him, and we are healed by his wounds ”- Isaiah 53:4-5 (Abridged)
- Yet he himself (put right hand up)
- Bore our sicknesses (pull right hand in front of face and make a fist)
- Punishment (put left hand up)
- For our peace (Pull left hand in front of face and make an X with both fists)
- Was on him (turn X into a cross)
- And we (pat chest with both hands)
- Are healed (pull hands down into fists)
- By his wounds (point pointer fingers inward)
We Are Healed
Choose one or more of the songs below:
- For God Loved The World - Video
- He is Faithful - Video
- The Lord Will Be With You - Video
- You Are Great - Video
- Everlasting Kingdom - Video
- Ask God - Video
- The Lord is Patient With You - Video
- If My People - Video
- God Will! - Video
- Kingdom Kid - Video
Bible Story Video
Jesus Healed Ten Men
Bible Story Summary
- Ten men with a skin disease cried out to Jesus to help them.
- Jesus told them to go show themselves to the priests.
- As they went, Jesus healed ten men with a skin disease.
- One man came back to thank Jesus and give praise to God.
Family Discussion Starters
- What would it be like to have a disease where you have to stay away from people?
- How would it feel to be healed?
- Whom did the man put his faith in so that he was saved?
For Preschool Kids
- Coloring/Activity Pages - Download PDF (Includes 4 weeks of lessons)
- Activity: Giving Thanks
During breakfast (or any time your kids are seated) have them tell something they can thank God for. Be prepared to offer suggestions.
Say: Jesus healed ten men with a skin disease. One of the men went back to Jesus to say thank you and give glory to God. Why did God create people? God created people to love Him and give him glory. When we say thanks to God, we give him glory.
For Elementary Kids
- Personal Bible Study - Download PDF (Includes 3 months of lessons)
- New City Catechism - Question 33
Should those who have faith in Christ seek their salvation through their own works, or anywhere else?
No, they should not, as everything necessary to salvation is found in Christ. To seek salvation through good works is a denial that Christ is the only Redeemer and Savior.
- Discussion & Bible Skills
Help kids find John 4. Briefly review how to use the table of contents to find books of the Bible, and remind kids that the large numbers mark the different chapters, while the small numbers separate each chapter into different verses.
Ask the following questions:
How many men did Jesus heal of leprosy? (ten, Luke 17:17)
How many returned to praise Jesus and thank him? (one, Luke 17:15-16)
Why did Jesus say the one Samaritan was saved? (because of his faith, Luke 17:19)
Do you feel more like the man who thanked Jesus, or the nine who did not? Encourage your kids to share their thoughts and try to answer honestly. Be prepared to share your own experience of times you honored God for his goodness and times you struggled to. Help them to see that our sinful hearts often take God’s goodness for granted. We expect only good and forget that God can use hard times for his glory.
How do you show God you are thankful to him? Guide your kids to discuss the different ways we can give thanks to, glorify, and honor God. Help them see that we can worship God in our words and with our actions. Remind them that obedience to God, parents, and teachers is a great way to show God you trust and love him. We can also show his love to others.
When might it be difficult to show God you love him and are thankful? Help kids see that when we are in the midst of difficult times, such as when we are sick or in pain, we might find it difficult to see God’s work around us. Encourage kids that everything God does is for His glory and our good, even in the middle of difficult or sad circumstances.
Jesus healed ten men, and one was saved. The man who was saved had faith in Jesus and glorified God for what He had done. We can glorify God too.
More in News & Resources
June 10, 2021Kids Lesson: Paul's Was Arrested (Acts 21-23)
June 10, 2021Sunday Prayer Night - June 13
June 7, 2021Study Guide: The Dragon. The Woman. The War. - Revelation 12:1-17