Jesus Healed a Woman and a Girl
Jesus Healed A Woman and A Girl - Mark 5
Jesus showed his power as the Messiah. Jesus can heal and give dead people life! Jesus died on the cross and rose again to save people from sin and death. When we trust in Jesus, God forgives our sins and changes us to be more like his Son.
“Yet he himself bore our sicknesses... punishment for our peace was on him, and we are healed by his wounds ”- Isaiah 53:4-5 (Abridged)
- Yet he himself (put right hand up)
- Bore our sicknesses (pull right hand in front of face and make a fist)
- Punishment (put left hand up)
- For our peace (Pull left hand in front of face and make an X with both fists)
- Was on him (turn X into a cross)
- And we (pat chest with both hands)
- Are healed (pull hands down into fists)
- By his wounds (point pointer fingers inward)
We Are Healed
Choose one or more of the songs below:
- For God Loved The World - Video
- He is Faithful - Video
- The Lord Will Be With You - Video
- You Are Great - Video
- Everlasting Kingdom - Video
- Ask God - Video
- The Lord is Patient With You - Video
- If My People - Video
- God Will! - Video
- Kingdom Kid - Video
Bible Story Video
Jesus Healed A Woman and A Girl
Bible Story Summary
- Jairus begged Jesus to come to his house and heal his daughter.
- On His way to Jairus’ house, a woman who was sick touched Jesus’ clothes and was healed.
- Jairus’ daughter died, but Jesus brought her back to life.
- Jesus healed a woman and brought a girl back to life.
Family Discussion Starters
- Why did Jairus come to Jesus?
- Why did the woman reach out and touch Jesus?
- How did Jesus show his power?
- Whom did the woman and Jairus have faith in?
- Pray as a family for people you know who are sick or suffering. Be sure to also pray for their relationship with God.
For Preschool Kids
- Coloring/Activity Pages - Download PDF (Lessons for June 7 - 28)
- Activity: Touch Items
Instruct kids to move around the room and touch something that is blue. Next instruct them to find something with legs and touch it. Locate something that is square-shaped and move to touch it. Continue describing various items located throughout your home for your children to touch.
Say: Nothing special happened when we touched the items in our classroom, but something very special happens when Jesus touches people. In today’s Bible story, a man begged Jesus to come to his house. He said, “My daughter is very sick. “Please come touch her so she will be healed and live.” Listen to the Bible story to find out what happened when Jesus was on His way to the little girl.
For Elementary Kids
- Personal Bible Study - Download PDF (Lessons for June 7 - Sept. 20)
- New City Catechism - Question 34
Since we are redeemed by grace alone, through Christ alone, must we still do good works and obey God’s Word?
Yes, because Christ, having redeemed us by his blood, also renews us by his Spirit; so that our lives may show love and gratitude to God; so that we may be assured of our faith by the fruits; and so that by our godly behavior others may be won to Christ.
- Discussion & Bible Skills
Help kids find Mark 5 and read verses 39–42.
Ask the following questions:
Who was Jairus? (a leader in the synagogue and father to a dying girl, Mark 5:22-23)
How long had the older woman been suffering with her sickness? (12 years, Mark 5:25)
How did the people outside Jairus’ house react when Jesus said the girl wasn’t dead? (They laughed. They had no faith; Mark 5:39-40)
What can we do if someone we know is sick or hurting? Guide your kids to think about ways to show love to others who are going through difficult circumstances. Help them see that praying for others is the strongest tool we have against hard times. Remind them that Jesus doesn’t promise our lives will be easy or pain free, but we can trust him to always do what is right.
How can we show our faith in Jesus? Help your kids brainstorm ways to share their faith with others by giving God credit when they succeed, talking about what they learn in church, or telling others about the ways Jesus has helped them overcome difficult times.
How can we glorify God if someone we love isn’t healed when we ask God to heal them? Guide kids to see that our hope is not in physical healing but in the restoration of the world that will come when Jesus returns. Help them see that people who have faith in Jesus will live eternally with God, no matter what hard times they go through now.
Jesus healed a woman and raised a girl from the dead. Jesus has power over sickness and death. When we have faith, Jesus raises us to new life in him and heals us from the damage sin causes.
More in News & Resources
February 23, 2021Study Guide: Revelation 5:1-14 - Who Is Worthy?
February 23, 2021Kids Lesson: Guarding the Truth (2 Corinthians 11)
February 18, 2021Sunday Night Prayer - February 21