Kids Lesson: Melchizidek Blessed Abraham (Genesis 14)
Melchizidek Blessed Abraham (Genesis 14)
Melchizedek means “king of righteousness.” Melchizedek reminds us of Jesus, an even greater priest and king who lives forever. Jesus died on the cross and rose again to bless all who trust in Him by providing forgiveness and eternal life.
Big Picture Question
Who is in control of everything? God is in control of everything in heaven and on earth. Nothing is outside of God’s good plan.
For I know that the Lord is great; our Lord is greater than all gods. The Lord does whatever he pleases in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all the depths.- Psalm 135:5-6
- For I know (point to temple)
- that the Lord is great; our Lord is greater than all gods. (make praise hands then 'raise the roof')
- The Lord does whatever he pleases (swipe arm in painting motion across body from both directions)
- In heaven (put hands palms up toward sky)
- And on earth (put hands palms up toward ground)
- In the seas and all the depths. (make waves motion with both hands)
Key Passage Song
Bible Story Video
Bible Story Summary
- Abraham’s nephew, Lot, was captured by kings.
- Abraham went with a small army and defeated the larger armies to rescue Lot.
- Melchizedek—a priest for the one true God—blessed Abraham, and Abraham gave a tenth of all his wealth to Melchizedek.
More in News & Resources
May 15, 2022Kids Lesson: Eli's Sons Disobeyed God (1 Samuel 4-6)
May 12, 2022Kids Lesson: God Provided For Hannah (1 Samuel 1-3)
May 2, 2022Kids Lesson: God Provided For Ruth (Ruth 1-4)