Kids Lesson: God Called Moses (Exodus 1-4)
God Called Moses (Exodus 1-4)
God saved Moses’ life and called him to rescue God’s people from slavery. The calling of Moses points to a greater calling and rescue—the call of Jesus to come to earth to save God’s people. Jesus gave up His life to save us from slavery to sin
Big Picture Question
Does God keep His promises? Yes, God always keeps His promises because He is faithful.
God is not a man, that he might lie, or a son of man, that he might change his mind. Does he speak and not act, or promise and not fulfill?- Numbers 23:19
- God (put right hand in the air)
- is not a man (make X with both arms)
- that he might lie (cover mouth with both hands)
- or a son of man (make “safe” motion with both hands)
- that he might change his (point to each temple)
- mind (make shrug motion with both palms out)
- does he speak and not act (put one hand toward mouth and move palm outward)
- or promise and not fulfill? (put other hand toward mouth and move palm outward)
Key Passage Song
Bible Story Video
Bible Story Summary
- God saved Moses’ life so Moses could grow up and save God’s people from the Egyptian pharaoh.
- God planned for His Son, Jesus, to save people in an even better way.
- God sent Jesus to earth, and Jesus gave up His life to save us from our sin.
More in News & Resources
November 30, 2021Kids Lesson: God Parted the Red Sea (Exodus 13-15)
November 30, 2021Article: O Come All Ye Faithful
November 23, 2021Kids Lesson: God Delivered His People (Exodus 5-12)