Kids Lesson: God Controls Everything (Job)
God Controls Everything (Job)
Job learned that God is all-powerful, sovereign, and good. When we face
suffering, we can hope in God. God sent Jesus, the only truly innocent One, to
suffer and die so that everyone who trusts in Him can.
Big Picture Question
Who is in control of everything? God is in control of everything in heaven and on earth. Nothing is outside of God’s good plan.
For I know that the Lord is great; our Lord is greater than all gods. The Lord does whatever he pleases in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all the depths.- Psalm 135:5-6
- For I know (point to temple)
- that the Lord is great; our Lord is greater than all gods. (make praise hands then 'raise the roof')
- The Lord does whatever he pleases (swipe arm in painting motion across body from both directions)
- In heaven (put hands palms up toward sky)
- And on earth (put hands palms up toward ground)
- In the seas and all the depths. (make waves motion with both hands)
Key Passage Song
Bible Story Video
Bible Story Summary
- God had blessed Job with wealth and a large family, and Job trusted God.
- Satan claimed Job had faith only because of God’s blessings to him.
- God allowed Satan to take Job’s blessings and health.
- Job questioned God but learned that God is allp owerful, sovereign, and good.
More in News & Resources
November 30, 2021Kids Lesson: God Parted the Red Sea (Exodus 13-15)
November 30, 2021Article: O Come All Ye Faithful
November 23, 2021Kids Lesson: God Delivered His People (Exodus 5-12)