Kids Lesson: God Gave The Ten Commandments (Exodus 19-20)
God Gave The Ten Commandments (Exodus 19-20)
God gave us rules to show that He is holy. Sin keeps us away from God, but Jesus came to bring us back to Him. Jesus never sinned. We can trust Him to forgive our sins.
Big Picture Question
What is worship? Worship is celebrating the greatness of God.
Come, let’s worship and bow down; let’s kneel before the Lord our maker. - Psalm 95:6
- Come - bring palms up to head
- let’s worship - look up and “raise the roof”
- and bow down - bow while bringing hands down to sides, palms down
- let’s kneel before the Lord - kneel or squat down
- the Lord our maker - cross hands over heart/chest
Key Passage Song
Bible Story Video
Bible Story Summary
- Moses went up Mount Sinai to talk to God.
- God made a covenant, or special agreement, with His people.
- God gave Moses the Ten Commandments.
- The first four commandments told the people how to have a right relationship with God.
- The last six commandments told how to have a right relationship with other people.
- God wrote the commandments on two stone tablets.
More in News & Resources
January 24, 2022Kids Lesson: God Deserves Our Worship (Leviticus 1-4)
January 19, 2022Kids Lesson: The People Built the Tabernacle (Exodus 35-40)
January 10, 2022Kids Lesson: The People Worshiped a Golden Calf (Exodus 32-34)