Kids Lesson: God Provided Isaac (Genesis 21-22)
God Provided Isaac (Genesis 21-22)
Abraham showed his love for God by being willing to sacrifice his son Isaac. God provided a ram instead. This is how God showed His love for us: He sent His Son, Jesus, to die on the cross so that we could have eternal life through Him.
Big Picture Question
Who is in control of everything? God is in control of everything in heaven and on earth. Nothing is outside of God’s good plan.
For I know that the Lord is great; our Lord is greater than all gods. The Lord does whatever he pleases in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all the depths.- Psalm 135:5-6
- For I know (point to temple)
- that the Lord is great; our Lord is greater than all gods. (make praise hands then 'raise the roof')
- The Lord does whatever he pleases (swipe arm in painting motion across body from both directions)
- In heaven (put hands palms up toward sky)
- And on earth (put hands palms up toward ground)
- In the seas and all the depths. (make waves motion with both hands)
Key Passage Song
Bible Story Video
Bible Story Summary
- After many years, God kept His promise and gave Abraham a son, Isaac.
- God told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac.
- Abraham had faith; even if Isaac died, God could raise him from the dead to keep His promise.
- God provided a ram for the sacrifice to keep Isaac safe.
More in News & Resources
May 15, 2022Kids Lesson: Eli's Sons Disobeyed God (1 Samuel 4-6)
May 12, 2022Kids Lesson: God Provided For Hannah (1 Samuel 1-3)
May 2, 2022Kids Lesson: God Provided For Ruth (Ruth 1-4)