Kids Lesson: God Used Samson (Judges 13-16)
God Used Samson - Judges 13-16
Samson’s sin led to his own death, but God used his death to save the Israelites from their enemies. Samson’s story reminds us of Jesus. Jesus never sinned, but God sent Him to die on the
Big Picture Question
What is the punishment for sin? The punishment for sin is death.
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 6:23
- For the wages - put left palm out at waist
- Of sin - put right palm out at waist
- Is death - cross arms in X in front of chest
- But the gift - put left hand up in air
- Of God - put right hand up in air
- Is eternal life - point index fingers at each other in front of waist
- In Christ - point up with left index finger
- Jesus our Lord - point up with right index finger
Key Passage Song
Bible Story Summary
- God gave Samson incredible strength to protect Israel.
- As a symbol of his devotion to God, Samson was never to cut his hair.
- God took Samson’s strength when he allowed enemies to cut his hair.
- The Philistines captured Samson and blinded him.
- Samson asked God for strength, knocking down a temple while inside with the Philistine leaders.
More in News & Resources
May 15, 2022Kids Lesson: Eli's Sons Disobeyed God (1 Samuel 4-6)
May 12, 2022Kids Lesson: God Provided For Hannah (1 Samuel 1-3)
May 2, 2022Kids Lesson: God Provided For Ruth (Ruth 1-4)