Kids Lesson: The People Built the Tabernacle (Exodus 35-40)
The People Built the Tabernacle (Exodus 35-40)
God told the Israelites to build a tabernacle where He would dwell with them. God wants to be with His people. As part of His plan to save sinners, God sent Jesus to dwell on earth with people.
Big Picture Question
What is worship? Worship is celebrating the greatness of God.
Come, let’s worship and bow down; let’s kneel before the Lord our maker. - Psalm 95:6
- Come - bring palms up to head
- let’s worship - look up and “raise the roof”
- and bow down - bow while bringing hands down to sides, palms down
- let’s kneel before the Lord - kneel or squat down
- the Lord our maker - cross hands over heart/chest
Key Passage Song
Bible Story Video
Bible Story Summary
- God gave the people instructions on how to build the tabernacle, where He would meet with them.
- Moses asked the people to offer gifts to help build the tabernacle, and the people gave much more than was needed.
- God gave some craftsmen special talents for building, and His glory filled the tabernacle when it was finished.
More in News & Resources
May 15, 2022Kids Lesson: Eli's Sons Disobeyed God (1 Samuel 4-6)
May 12, 2022Kids Lesson: God Provided For Hannah (1 Samuel 1-3)
May 2, 2022Kids Lesson: God Provided For Ruth (Ruth 1-4)