Kids Lesson: The People Worshiped a Golden Calf (Exodus 32-34)
The People Worshiped a Golden Calf (Exodus 32-34)
Moses acted as the people’s mediator, standing for them before God. Moses could not do anything to make up for their sin, but we have a better Mediator—Jesus. Jesus paid for our sin on the cross and stands for us before God. When we trust in Jesus, our sins are forgiven.
Big Picture Question
What is worship? Worship is celebrating the greatness of God.
Come, let’s worship and bow down; let’s kneel before the Lord our maker. - Psalm 95:6
- Come - bring palms up to head
- let’s worship - look up and “raise the roof”
- and bow down - bow while bringing hands down to sides, palms down
- let’s kneel before the Lord - kneel or squat down
- the Lord our maker - cross hands over heart/chest
Key Passage Song
Bible Story Video
Bible Story Summary
- While Moses met with God, the people told Aaron they needed a god to lead them.
- Aaron collected gold and made a statue of a calf for the people to worship.
- God saw what they were doing, and He was angry.
- Moses rushed down the mountain and destroyed the golden calf.
- Moses asked God to forgive the people.
More in News & Resources
January 24, 2022Kids Lesson: God Deserves Our Worship (Leviticus 1-4)
January 19, 2022Kids Lesson: The People Built the Tabernacle (Exodus 35-40)
January 10, 2022Kids Lesson: The People Worshiped a Golden Calf (Exodus 32-34)