Stability in Uncertain Times
March 22, 2020 Preacher: Steve Heron
Passage: Isaiah 33:1–33:6
- In the midst of a difficult situation, we all have the tendency to trust in our own strength and resources. How has this played out in your life this week? What resources have you run to for comfort, peace, and security during the outbreak?
- Instead of running to his own resources Isaiah turns to the LORD in prayer. Look at Isaiah’s prayer in verse 2. What does he pray for? How should this inform our prayers?
- Why can we have confidence when we pray to God?
- We are facing a time that is unstable. Isaiah doesn’t promise that our times will become stable, rather he promises that God will be our stability in the midst of instability. Share about a time this week when you felt peace (or stability) in the midst of all of this chaos.
- What does this passage teach us about the character of God? Why is it important to remind yourself of God’s character during hard times?
- Isaiah tells us that the fear of the Lord is our treasure. What does the fear of the Lord mean? How does the fear of the Lord become a treasure to us during times of difficulty?
- Spend some time praying that you would experience the stability of a God who is abundant in salvation, wisdom, knowledge, and strength.