The Presence and Power of Jesus
April 19, 2020 Preacher: Steve Lindenmeyer
Passage: Mark 4:35–4:41
- What is unique about the way that Jesus invested in his disciples? Why do you think Jesus chose to disciple in this way, and what are a few practical ways that you can incorporate this into your own discipleship relationships?
- The disciples encountered the storm while walking in obedience. What does this teach us about hardships? Does God have a purpose of the storms in our life?
- The disciples trusted in themselves to survive the storm that they were experiencing. We are no different. What are some ways that you are tempted to trust in yourself during hardships?
- What does it look like to trust God in the midst of a storm? Does this mean that we sit back in passivity?
- Jesus calms the storm with his voice. How can the Word of God help us through the storms in our life? What passages in scripture do you typically turn to when life gets hard? Spend some time sharing and reading these passages to each other.
- Hardships and storms have a way of exposing the ugliness of our hearts. Share about a time when a storm or a hardship revealed the idols of your heart. How does the gospel inform the way we respond in the moments where our sin is exposed?
- At the beginning of the storm the disciples were fearful of their circumstances, but at the end they had a healthy fear of God. What are some ways that we can grow in our fear of God?