We exist to help students take their next step with Jesus by...
- Connecting them to God – we are committed to helping you take your next step in following Jesus. We believe that the Christian grows the same way he or she starts, by embracing the message of the gospel. As a result, we make it a point to display and proclaim the gospel at every one of our gatherings.
- Connect them to Community – life is hard. Life is harder when you attempt to do it by yourself. With this in mind, we are committed to creating an environment where our students can build meaningful relationships with each other and with wise men and women in our church.
- Connecting them to Mission – we are committed to equipping and empowering our students to take the good news of the gospel to their friends, teammates, family members, and the nations.
It is our desire to equip and empower our students to live as faithful followers of Christ in their everyday lives. We seek to accomplish this by not overloading their already busy schedules with events and meetings.
Partner with Parents
At Citadel Square we believe that Scripture clearly communicates that parents are the primary disciple-makers in the lives of their children (Deuteronomy 6; Psalm 78). But this doesn’t mean that the church does not play a role in the discipleship of their students. It is our task as a student ministry to come alongside parents as they seek to make lifelong disciples of their children.
Centered around God’s Word
We engage with students around God’s word. We believe that God uses his word to transform and change the lives of his people. As a result, we use the Word of God as the foundation for our discipleship and teaching, and seek to train students in how to engage with the bible on their own.
We are committed to intentionally discipling the students that God brings to our ministry. While large group gatherings are helpful and have their place, we believe that life change happens in community. With this in mind, we are intentional about inviting students not just to a gathering, but into our lives
with the hope of showing them what it means to be a lifelong disciple of Jesus.
Sunday Morning Gathering
Our students gather weekly on Sunday mornings for a time of connection, worship, and small groups.
Who: 6th–12th grade students
When: 10 am
Where: Student Ministry Room (Room 300)
Discipleship Groups (D-Groups)
Discipleship groups are groups of 3-5 students with a student ministry leader. They meet consistently during the week with the purpose of reading God’s word together, praying for one another, and holding each other accountable.
What to Expect:
Our D-Groups are age and gender-specific and are led by our very best student ministry leaders! During the D-Group students will discuss their HEAR Journal entries with each other. A HEAR journal is just a simple way to engage in God’s Word daily. All of our students and leaders follow the same bible reading plan, which allows for conversation around God’s Word to happen between students and leaders.
Want to get connected to a Group or serve within our group ministry? Fill out this form.
We take every precaution possible to maintain a safe and secure experience for your children. Here are some of the ways that we do this:
- Every Student Ministry team member is personally screened, professionally background checked, and must have attended for several months before serving.
- All of our Student Ministry team members and leaders submit to the following safety policy. You can view our safety policy by clicking here.
Connect with us!
Do you want to stay up to date on what is happening within our student ministry?
Student Ministry Calendar
Subscribe to our calendar for important dates on student ministry gatherings, events, and trips. Click here.
Student Ministry Newsletter
Subscribe to receive our newsletter to receive important announcements and helpful resources. Click here to sign up.
Want to serve in Student Ministry?
Are you interested in joining our team and investing in the next generation? Fill out this form to apply: Student Ministry Application.
We have many areas for you to serve and make an eternal impact in the next generation.
Email Addison Hamrick, Director of Student Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org